11 Books To Gift Your Well Read Dad On Any Occasion
Instead of the usual handyman gift card, sports paraphernalia, barbecue equipment or monochromatic wallet, try getting your dad a good book this year.
These 11 titles, covering various genres, are a great sentiment for dads of all backgrounds and ages.
1. The New Dad’s Playbook: Gearing Up For The Biggest Game Of Your Life
by Benjamin Watson
The New England Patriots tight end, Benjamin Watson saw the need to create a go-to guide for first time dads.
The New Dad’s Playbook uses football jargon to give fathers parenting advice on how to care for the mother, prepare for the baby and maintain once the baby is home.
2. Basketball (And Other Things): A Collection Of Questions Asked, Answered, Illustrated
by Shea Serrano and illustrated by Arturo Torres
This graphic novel is merged of basketball history, stats, myths and common sports banter. Created by a New York Times best selling writer and best selling illustrator.
3. Let Love Have The Last Word
This memoir is about the life and legacy of hip-hop artist Common.
The book details Common’s family unit, race in America, politics and his reflection of being sexually assaulted as a child, among other narratives.
This book delivers thought-provoking topics centered around what it means to be a man in today’s society.
4. The New Guy Code: Becoming A Man In A Fatherless Society
by Tony A. Gaskins Jr.
It delves into the influence of men in media and the effects of growing up fatherless.
This children's book narrated from a child's perspective is about a curly-haired youngster playing peekaboo..
5. Peekaboo Morning by Rachel Isadora
6. What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Blacker by Damon Young
This humorous memoir is about the life of Damon Young. Each chapter, written in essay form, focuses on various aspects of Young’s experiences with sexuality, masculinity, race and politics.
7. The Success Commandments: Master The Ten Spiritual Principles To Achieve Your Destiny
by Devon Franklin
The Success Commandments marries the ideologies of religion and secular practices in order for individuals to fully embrace and stand in their purpose.
Breathe reveals America’s toxic race relations and her anxiety for Black boys growing up in a nation that deems them inferior.
8. Breathe: A Letter To My Sons
By Imani Perry
9. Black Panther: A Nation Under Our Feet - Ta-Nehisi Coates
Following a violent disruption in Wakanda, T’Challa has no choice but to step up as Black Panther and fight back.
10. The Wealth Choice: Success Secrets of Black Millionaires by Dennis Kimbro
Kimbro dishes out stats and advice on how to continuously stack checks and gain a money-making mentality. The book is filled with advice from heavy hitting celebrities and business owners.
Moyo and several other fathers share their love for food with savory recipes, while dishing out cooking tips.
11. Real Men Cook: Rites, Rituals And Recipes For Living by K. Kofi Moyo
Give Dad a good book to delve into